Ringo Starr - Julien's Auction Catalog 2015 - 2 x Volume Deluxe Edition
Great Images of Ringo's Personal Beatles Memorabilia
|Europe - Tracked airmail (3-7 days)||€20.00 EUR|
|USA/Japan - Express Airmail Service (2-3 days guaranteed)||€35.00 EUR|
- Item # 321506
- Qty Available 1
This lavish limited edition 'stars and moons' silver embossed “Property From The Collection of Ringo Starr and Barbara Bach” auction catalog box set is a two volume hard cover box set and was one of the most expensive catalogs ever produced by Julien’s Auctions.
The auction, held on December 3-5 2015 at Julien's in Beverly Hills, U.S.A., contained more than 1,300 clothes, instruments, pieces of jewellery and other items owned by Ringo Starr and raised a total of $9.2m (£6.1m).
Everything from this amazing collection is beautifully presented in the two volumes of this limited edition catalog.
Results highlight from this historic auction include:
- $2,110,000 - Ludwig Drum kit, used on hits including Can't Buy Me Love and I Want to Hold Your Hand
- $910,000 - John Lennon's 1964 Rickenbacker guitar, which he gave to Starr in 1968
- $790,000 - The White Album, No. 0000001
- $179,200 - George Harrison's 1962 Gretsch Tennessean guitar, given to Starr by Harrison's family after the Concert for George concert following Harrison's death
- $179,200 - An 18 carat yellow gold Moonphase watch by Patek Philippe
- $125,000 - The back panel from John Lennon's psychedelic caravan, featuring the Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band logo
- $115,200 - Ludwig silver sparkle drum kit used in the 1967 Hello, Goodbye video
- $106,250 - A gold ring with rectangular sapphire that Starr says he wore during every show he ever played with the Beatles
- $100,000 - A gold and onyx ring, which was also worn for every single Beatles show
All the above items and more are presented in the catalog along with more than 1,300 clothes, instruments, pieces of jewellery and other items owned by Ringo Starr. The sale raised a total of $9.2m (£6.1m).
The catalog weighs 3.25 kg unpacked.